Dean's-Nightmares

"Chayera, where have you been?" I shouted as I rushed closer to her. The surrounding forest was dark and the oak trees resisted the strong winds that blew. I ran over the moist grounds that had been dampened by the rain which had receeded just moments earlier.

Chayera's wavy brunnete-black hair was messily tangled and covered her face. Her breathing was heavy and her legs were giving way. She could barely stand up as she struggled, slowly, step-by-step, making her way towards me. I could see.. her oceanblue eyes were cloudy like mist during a hazy day. It was obvious that she had lost control of herself once again. It had happened many-many times before.

As I caught her before she fell, I caught a glimpse of her hand. She was barely conscious.
"Chayera, what happened to you?" I readily jerked her to face me as I supportingly gripped her hands and shoulders. We were on the ground now. On our knees; as I stared in shock at the clean cut on her left arm. I quickly ravaged through the bag I was carrying and pulled out a long clean white handkerchief to tie around her wound. Blood was oozing out and stained my white handkerchief as I hurriedly tied it around her hand to stop the bleeding.

"De...an...." she whispered. Her voice was barely audible.
Then, the moonlight shone overhead and I looked at her more carefully.
My eyes widened. Chayera was covered in... blood....

Her pink dress was soaked in blood as red as rose and her body was full of bruises and scratches.
Her head was still tilted downwards but I saw her eyes straining as she tried to concentrate.

As if to help her, I titled her chin upwards to look into my hazel-brown eyes. I would not let her die. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT LET HER DIE!

Her clouded eyes stared up at me. Blank at first but after a minute, recognition returned to it.
"Oh, Dean. Its you."
She couldn't tell that her body was battered, bruised and bleeding. I was not going to let her leave my side without telling me what had happened.

"Chayera, don't get distracted. We musn't attract a crows. Tell me what happened to you."

"I... don't .. know," she stammered.

I know my angered face must not have been to her liking but I could not happen. This was a matter of life or death or if she had killed anybody! "Tell me," I asked a little more gently.

Then, there was loud screaming. Shrieking, cries that echoed from the town ahead.
I had barely noticed it, then I looked up into the overhead skies.
There was a fire. And I knew who started it....

Comments

Popular Posts