Coral's-Independance

I tightly hugged my younger sister, Charmaine. She was so cold and her screams, so sharp that it also brought out the agony I was hiding, from within me. I knew I couldn't tell her what had truly happened. She wouldn't forgive me at this state. And then, she won't have any family to turn too. She definitely couldn't leave my side. She would... die... if she did.

The vision of my sister, sprawled out on the ground, lifeless, was never going to occur. Charmaine was a survivor, nothing else. She would get over things, and pursue for the future, atleast, I hoped so. I clung onto her tighter. Till I could hear her breath and pulse slow down, adapting to the environment.

Everything had happened to fast the day before. Thank gosh... Ryan was there.

Ryan was a handsome, spiky red haired boy with a skull bandanna wrapped around his forehead. The carefree smirk he had, brought attention to his strong jawline. Eventhough, he didn't put on extra muscles, which was a good thing, Ryan was still masculine in his own rights. He had chalky brown skin and distinct amber red eyes. Such an appearance, that totally suited my imagination, yet he was real.

As real as ever, when he had glided into the car and pulled me out just before a blast had caused the car my parents and I was in, to swerve and hit a tree.

I shook my head. No, I couldn't recollect what had happened NOW. Ryan had left once the enemies left and when only wreckage was left. He told me 'I still need to continue searching,' and had left.

I understood, of course. He had told me a few months before, when he dropped by the palace that he was in search for the " 'True' princess of Celera in order to revive his father." At first, I had choked when I heard it. I politely told him the truth, that eventhough I was a princess of Celera, that my sister, who was older than me, was the true heir and 'princess'.

Thus, he departed even back then, in search of her. But before he left, he had given me the most memorable 6 weeks of my life.

And once again, he saved me. I was truly in debt. However, he didn't know my secret. I hadn't even told him yet, eventhough I told him everything else-about my sister, my parents.

"Urm... sis? Your hugging me too tightly?" Charmaine manage to stutter as she was wriggling under my arms.

She was definitely strong... my little sister... her eyes had returned to their original olive shade.

"Haha.. owive eyes... exact-wy wike ' ad," I stilled remember myself saying when I had first saw my baby sister back when I was 2 years old. I just remained staring at her for a moment. She was gritting her teeth. Enraged obviously.

I slowly let go.

Instantaneously, Charmaine stood upright and sprinted towards her room. She was screaming... like a tyrant. I heard the clattering of furniture and the snapping of boards. Charmaine was releasing anger against her room. She destroyed... every last memory of her room, where her parents last visited her, spoke to her, and kissed her good night.

It pained me to see this, but I knew it was reality. My sister, was going to change.
She was no longer going to be my little Char, my little joy whenever I saw her laughed or played with her.
I winced thinking about it. My parents were still lying in the same room I was in. We were alone.. and I knew.. exactly who had this 'murder' planned out.

"I'm going to stop this..." I murmurred... as if, in a silent prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts