Diary 3rd May 2011


I woke up in the morning, to feel the winter chill, creeping back into my ordinary day. I didn’t awake from my slumber to review my work. Disappointing myself again. The weight of my body seemed tempting to take, falling back onto my bed to return to my deep slumberous space. My dream of school and my return to it brought me no joy in my dreams. I pressed the button to continue my slumber, waking at 7:08am. Definitely time to get up, I had to attend Hockey training.
If Yuen Mei goes, I’d go to and that’s when I wonder. What would I do if I found she wasn’t going? I can’t bear upon the discipline or focus of another. I needed to present that myself on my own. Jess remarks to me, “You’re going Hockey too?”

This is when I feel a pang of disgust. Not for her. Not for anyone else but for the lack of knowledge many know about myself. It’s not just those who are close who should know of your character but others should know too. That’s the only way you prevent yourself from being destroyed. Just like the Romanovs, eh… Yeah, just like them. People knew too little of them and words from others lingered as true in their minds.  

I met Steph quite early in the morning. She didn’t go for Hockey. I was told it was absolutely fine to go Waterpolo. I agreed but just not this week. Next week would be more relaxed. Atleast… that was what I was hoping for. I’m working hard at the moment. Georgie soon told me the same thing in the afternoon. Apparently, waterpolo has a lack of swimmers. I’d be attending from next week onwards. I need to look at my calendar more. Exams are coming soon. I’ve got to read less manga. Not like what I’ve been doing the past week. It’s completely ridiculous at the pace I’m going.  

My mind keeps winding back to Kimi no Todoke [From Me to You].

This is not my first time reading it but I was surprised at how long it lasted. I still remember a few years back when I first browsed it. It was not yet licensed on mangafox yet, so I checked it out. The first chapter left me bored to death so it was discontinued. Returning it to it now since it’s licensed, meaning it’s just that good, made me reconsider my opinion of it. Then I realize, maybe I was too young to understand the meaning of it’s story. This protagonist, Sawako aka Sadako is very different. Too different. NaĂŻve, smart, introverted, willing. She was like me in Beirut. This manga doesn’t relate to just anyone, especially not someone ten years of age who probably doesn’t understand a thing about peoples opinions or views yet even if they might think they do.

I attended Chess Club this Lunch tim with Sarah. Although I have to admit I find Sakhti unnerving. Don’t know why… It’s not the same as when I’m around Katherine Benneton. Hmm…
Just to let myself know, Hockey was fun and this diary isn’t very organized. 

Comments

Popular Posts