Drowning in a world of "I wants'"

When has it been last since you said, 'I want to do this so I can help somebody' or maybe 'I should pick this up just so I can help someone else and after all, it IS my responsibility'.
Everything is all about us nowadays and when I was a lot younger, I already noticed it. I hated teenagers. Now I remember why. I was becoming one of them. Now, after another among my friends has suddenly spoken up, abruptly shouting at how it shouldn't just be about our OWN success that I remember.
I remember...
it's not just me. There are others out there who need alot more help. I wouldn't be one to cause another to fall into the same creeping death that I watch people who suffer go through. I will not be the one.

Everytime I had looked at teenagers, I had hated how they constantly posted pictures of themselves in groups or by themselves, posing and trying to look 'hawt' (P.S. I already started surfing the internet when I was 8 years old). I gritted my teeth at each picture that I passed with them either doing a kissy-kissy pose, sticking their asses out, brushing their hair, or just vainly staring at themselves in a mirror. How stupid. & I still agree with what I once thought. However, pictures that show otherwise just tell others something else, a profile picture or however we call it is a method of making certain of whomsoever we had added.
Eventhough I might see an important upside to it, can I just tell all those camwhores to
GET A LIFE. It's not hard. :)

What is the point of studying books like To Kill A Mockingbird at school if none of us even gets or follows a damn thing the author is trying to tell us?! There is a reason why they are called Coming of Age novels with enormous perception and depth in its method of weaving the tale.

What we need to take note of:
WHERE HAS ALL THE COMPASSION, KINDNESS AND FAITH GONE IN THE WORLD ANYMORE?

I hope EVERYONE knows this :)

Each Act of Kindness goes a long way.
Unlike To Kill A Mockingbird, we don't need a young girl like Scout to tell us this. :)     
But honestly, can we really say helping/aiding others as our main priorities in our lives?
Oh, don't forget that you would always think about yourselves way ahead before others.
Even doctors and nurses honestly just want an advancement in careers for themselves. Would any of them from developed countries bother moving to the Middle East?
Even Journalists do so much more for people than actual doctors and nurses. So if they want to 'help' people. They should 'help' people who actually need help and cannot afford it.

"Give to those who you are sure can never repay you back."

What has the WORLD come to?
                                     
In reaction to my friend's post, this is what I say. I do support the I.B. program, however, wth the CAS part IS a PROBLEM. I agree. How da hell is it COMMUNITY SERVICE if people are only going to do it just because the course requires it. Is this where the 'more recognized' in the eyes of the world part of the course comes from?

People should do community service because they are willing to do it. 
It is not all about MONEY or RECOGNITION.


by
Evelyn Wong~Ocean Lover

Song of the week: Yu Jian by Stefanie Sun Yan Zi

Comments

the narrator said…
CAS CAS CAS...by "my friend" do you mean me? "your" cool...(i know you didn't write "your")
and i agree, journalists do more to help people than doctors/nurses. i told my mom something like that before and my mom was just like MURMURMUR :S

Popular Posts