Crushed Dreams

I have wasted my life,
The year that has passed in which I have done nothing of benefit,
I wish I could relive my life,
The lost hours that I was never able to take into good use,
I want to warn my past self of the outcoming troubles,
but I suppose-that is life.

Shall I continue pursuing the goals I once had?
Do ideas or situations really have to change?

My eyes have become blurr,
My speech-coarse,
and my mind, in pain/depression.

The time and oppurtunity lost,
Why couldn't I have grasped them sooner,
No one believes me at this needed time,
Can no one help me?

The smile I once held dear.
Hidden away in a sealed vault.
To only be released once my heart lifts again.
Emotions of true happiness.

I once dreamed a dream that I could fly,
Sufficiently believing in the weather I could control by will and charm,
The gloomy sky and the peltering droplets of rain,
Oh, such a dream I once had.

~Ocean Lover

Comments

Popular Posts