MLC Win

Yes!
After 3 weeks straight of defeats for me, I've finally been able to win in atleast ONE of my GSV matches throughout this year. The results I've been facing this year is not at all a joy especially with my straight wins throughout last year. I'm sorry if I tend to sound like I'm comparing or judging but it's true, Michelle Lu and Karen Sim are amazing players and having them had partners were practically power boosters. People win in regards to confidence, yeah? Well, it's true.

I was so glad when Natasha and I managed to score our first win today against MLC at Deakin.
However, as the HOME school, it was rather strange for us to arrive later than the guests but I suppose it can't be helped. Atleast Deakin allowed us to be there.
Both our consistency levels are rather low and we're not very good at picking up scoops. Although I have to say Natasha's dry badminton shoes did handicap her a little in regards to movements. Different courts affect the shoe play. I wasn't covering very well but my consistency was atleast slightly better than Natasha's. We've got to work more on court control. We hate it whenever the opponents brush about us as though their the ones entirely in control. :]

Nevermind though, we played well and our opponents were nice people too. One of them could really drive shots straight and the other could scoop smashes very well. As Natasha said, "Winning does feel good." 

Comments

Popular Posts