Good things happen

They say good things happen to you when you do not expect it. I believe that is true. The past week for me has been good and I pray I keep my optimistic outlook in the weeks to come since the exams are nearing. It's week 12, meaning next week is SWOT VAC and the week after is doomsday. Just kidding. Not doomsday but something equivalent if we speak in student nightmare terminology.

I won the major and final prize in our last dine-in of the semester (year) last Thursday, a black scooter, and had a lovely birthday celebration on both Friday and Saturday.

I spent Sunday doing my final Business Law Quiz on Company Law, travelling to the city with Clarice and Tim in search for Verve apartments at 483, Swanston Street. We got fairly lost. We more or less spent 3x duration travelling than we were at Jk's surprise birthday party. The ice cream cake tasted so good. And Clarence demonstrated his 4th year engineering skills by using the pizza cardboard as a plate and tore its edge to be used as a spoon for the cake since there were no tissues. The hosts didn't really think of utensils for the event. Haha. I thought the atmosphere was a little odd and segregated because everyone stayed in groups they were more familiar with. The MUMSU people who attended consisted of Clarence, Marcus, Sam, Tim, Kim, Clarice and myself. Today, I learnt that there are different types of vegetarians. Clarence cannot eat garlic either. I also learnt that Lord of the Fries is actually 100% vegetarian which surprised me a lot!

On the journey back, Marcus, Sam, Clarice and myself got the opportunity to stare at the Yarra river in the night. :) We saw 2 otters swimming and even a seagull.

I spent the night eating mi goreng, my mint ice cream and watching all 8 episodes of season 2 of Avatar Korra.

Today, I woke up at 11:52am, only to rush up and manage to somehow walk and reach my Management tutorial in time at 12:05pm. o_o Fastest time I have ever prepared for a class. We got to play class Jeoprady. ;) Phillip was our team captain and answered a majority of the questions. The other members were Esther and Sherry. I answered the 150 mark question on Leadership. As a reward, we received 2 chocolate freddo biscuits. Ros was generous enough to even get that for us. :)

After, I spent an hour dawdling on the 9th floor before coincidentally meeting Kelly before the MonLee economics experiment that lasted from 2-3.30pm. The experiment this time round consisted of 11 rounds. It involved matching alphabets with corresponding numbers in a limited amount of time, and bargaining a split of $20 with another person. On average, I accurately matched 40 sets of corresponding letters and numbers; which was significantly more than the other person I was partnered with who kept scoring high teens. Nonetheless, I felt satisfied because I earned *cough* quite a fair bit of money from the experiment. I won't exactly disclose it here in public. :P









Comments

Popular Posts