My Week Term 3 Australia

It's been one hella of a week back to school. I'm currently kneeling on the floor beside both Elin (my boarder twin) and Nicole (my twin's cousin) who are both watching Criminal Mind through CD. Shyt. I'm hearing a rough growl voice outside. Maybe it's the speakers but still, it's freaky after we've been watching o_o a bunch of people dying. Agh. AHHHH! Elin's mother just came in. Boy, I was scared out of my wits.

Oh yes, it turns out Elin's name is a variant of Elen (Welsh) and Ellen (Greek), and the meaning of Elin is "sun ray, shining light", while Nicole's means 'Victorious people/person' or 'Victory'. Hell, their names sound great. Why does mine have so many variations in meanings? It's getting so complicated. First 'hazelnut'; Then, 'uncertain', 'possibly desired', 'life'. I mean I seriously don't mind 'life', but 'life' refers largely more to "Eve" and not actually my name "Evelyn."

So back to this week.
I totally feel like crap after missing the deadline for the Poet-in-Residence activity last month after missing the deadline due to having no internet access. However, not I suppose I have slightly compensated my fault by participating in submitting 3 poems to the Dorothea Mackellar Poetry Competition thats deadline is tonight. Imagine! I was fully aware of the requirement to pay $15 for participation though. :P

I was in a total breakdown last night. Thank goodness for Eugene or I'd probably have run my head through thanks to over mental stress. I really can't seem to wrap my head around alot of things now. All the talk on future aspirations and such is driving me over the wall.

The following are potrait versions of what are meant to be landscape photographs of textures I took during the Monsalvat trip on Wednesday ^^

Comments

Popular Posts