Determining our Future

Everyone is soaring far ahead,
With dreams, expectations and goals.
I feel like the living dead,
Dragging nothing but my heavy soul.

I look ahead in hope,
Hoping to see some glint of a dream,
A dream capable of being achieved.
A dream of nothing other than what I can be.

The memories I once had,
Of smiles and great cheer,
Have now been overclouded,
With grief and awareness of a future so unclear.

I want to be like everyone else,
Seemingly so certain and sure,
Yet I still remain in objection to changing everything about myself,
To ensure I remain pure.

Evelyn Wong~Ocean Lover
P.S. The first half of the post would differ greatly from the second half due to having been written 3 months apart. Reading back the first half that had been left isolated in my draft box left me quite stunned at how I wrote it. It couldn't half gotten any better than that. However, unfortunately, the mood I had then is now, as likely as it were to be, lost from the moment and I didn't have the heart to deliberately make a longer and forced ending. Poetry shouldn't be done that way as it should come at the spurr of the moment where all feelings are fresh and anew.

Comments

Popular Posts