Australian student, thats me

I officially consider myself an Australian student. After all, it has already been half a year and I can no longer bluff or maintain my preference for schooling in Beirut. It wasn't much of a joyride there either. Australia has actually kept to the standards I expected; maybe its because after having already travelled so much, I understand how ignorant many can be. Most of all, Australians of course. They are one of the few developed populations that lack much eagerness to travel or understand more of the world beyond their little island 'down under'. I mean, come on! I get the fact you are soooo developed and everything but that doesn't mean you have to drive your population in becoming such narrow minded people who hardly know anything about the world.
Take my Commerce teacher for an example, (sorry about this Mr. Thomas) each time in class he would always turn to the so-called China Chinese student in my class and go, "Do you understaaaaanddddd, Lucy?"
Oh, come on! Lucy ain't that dumb. =_="
What's worse is that I could tell he didn't understand a thing I said when I started talking to him about the Middle East. When I had said I lived in Lebanon, I could see the feeble non-recognition in his eyes that he weakly covered up by saying, "Arab." Now, that's why I call pathetic.

Seeing that I have already begun ranting about teachers' now, I shall continue doing so. Complaining so much about how I find Australian teachers overrated. Its the students' I find amazing, not the teachers. Honestly, can you blame me?

The teachers here hardly make an effort in acknowledging or getting to know you that you hardly feel an intimacy with them. Its easy to get the feeling of 'this is just a job' that is emitted from their being. The teachers' make such shallow statements about you in reports and even when they speak of you that you realize it doesn't really matter to them anymore. To a certain extent, it is understandable as no one can ever maintain the same passion they once held for something unless that person is just incredible. However, even so, can't these teachers' even have sincerity? The teachers' here in PLC (D: Gasp! The school has been revealed) hardly considers ones' opinion. You can just tell by the English teachers and coordinators. =_=" Crap. I'm going to be killed for this for sure.

~~Ah, I feel the poetry streaming in a little again. This ones' a bit mixed. A new idea randomly came in around the middle:-

I found myself at loss
Uncertain of what to do,
I kept my eyes ahead
Thinking for my own future too;
I never did believe
That I would remain put,
Waiting for the shadows
To overgrow and keep me fixed in place;
Yet I watched as others
Dissapear from their place,
No longer the same person
Having already changed,
Unlike them I am me
Myself and the same.
I hold the power over my own path, faith and destiny;
I have always been aware that it is not others that hinders my journey;
And through my travels I have learnt so much of what I had once had never even thought of;
I've travelled to Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and have been enlightened on subjects of such.
Now I see that it is just me who can make a change in not only this life that is my own.
It is the lives of others I have to penetrate to prove the truth that is instilled within a life that each are blessed with.

This post is written by,
Evelyn Wong~Ocean Lover
aka WaterMiracle, OceanWanderer, OceanBreeze, CrystalSea, Swiftsea

Comments

Bakero-sama said…
Are the places mentioned:Lebanon,Jordan and Syria all in Australia? I only know there's Sydney (most obvious),Townsville *powerpuffgirl theme song playing in behind* and Tasmania...maybe I should travel more beyond my my housing area too,I haven't been to Aussie after
all P:

Try sarcasm! It should work,despite that it'd prolly have you landed in the detention...still,your teacher could really use a slap.And I thought Westerners were supposed to be way more open-minded.

P.S. I mere 4 lined poem would take me foreverrr

P.S.S. Judging by your various nicknames I can guess you really love H20 xD

P.S.S. The person you reminded me off...just a former classmate who got transfered to a boarding school early this year. Here's her blog if you're interested http://melancholyversusinsanity.blogspot.com/ she does stories too :D

Popular Posts