AJ Hackett Kawarau River Bungy Jump (my Tripadvisor review)

Secure. Safe. Water is reassuring. Do not worry. You will live.

Professional photography was great :)
Dropped by the centre along the route from Lake Wanaka to Queenstown (Lake Wanaka-Queenstown). Once you are there,  be decisive and buy your ticket as quick as you can before the crowd comes. Or else you may end up like me whereby I waited 1.5 hours at the centre with little else to do besides watch everyone else scream and nose dive into the waters, before I was told to queue. There is a numbering system to record what number 'bungy jumper' you are for the day.

Your left hand will be marked with your weight (kg) and your right hand with your number. Although it was rather embarrassing to be weighed so publicly, there is little to be concerned about when you end up queueing in awe with everyone else along the Kawarau bridge.

Despite the $195 burn in my pocket, it was definitely worth the first bungy jump of my life. Given the price, it is unlikely I will try it again despite the 10% discount I have globally from this first jump. For the few seconds of adrenaline and elation of being free and unbounded, I thought the feeling would have lasted longer. Sob. It was only an instant, where the blue of the river reflected in my eye gave me the feeling of incredible encroaching peace; only to suddenly feel my heart heaving when the body takes that 'final turn' to get your body perpendicular to the river below. It feels like a roller coaster towards the end, where your heart will feel like it is separated from your body when the rope is rebounding. This happens a couple of times. It depends on how much you weigh or sprang from the platform. The staff were very professional; keeping up the small-talk and always asking emergency medical questions pre-jump.

The full package of photographs and video of your trip can be purchased for $100 after your jump. You would be given a complementary shirt and certificate for your daring exploits. It was worth buying this full package deal.

My Take-off :) 
Although I must say that it may be preferable to invest in another longer lasting activity such as paragliding or sky diving given the cost-benefit balance.

Safe, quick and beautiful landing


Love,
Evelyn W. 

Comments

Popular Posts