What I had forgotten

It's not uncommon for people to forget things. I too experience relapses in both my physical and mental memory of activities I've one done frequently or never at all. Swimming is one of them. Having once been a competitive swimmer that would have indefinitely swam 2.5 hours intensely atleast twice a week, my fitness and stamina was at it's peak. Little did I do to maintain it and eventually, although I'm reluctant to admit it, lost my passion for it. Don't judge me too critically. I still love the water and everything that relates to it which is why I still maintain my nicknames that include Water, Sea, Ocean but let's just say my tight relationship with it has lessened. I've become more of an Airy person yet at the time stuck in the mud so to speak like an Earth. My temper can be fire but no matter what, the feeling of the light flow of water beneath my fingers is incomparable. I'm not a cold blooded creature so maybe it makes a difference when my warmer body temperatures make contact with my skin. It's as many people do say, refreshing and relaxing.

Even if my childhood had been one where at times I would be given no chance to embrace the incredible feeling within the water, I still reflect and love the opportunities I was given to embrace it. Embracing Nature is one thing I believe everyone should keep doing which is something that speaks for itself since I'm a Green Finger. I hope you know what that means.

However, in my relapse from physicality, or constant exercising, my body became unlike its prior self. My sleep increased, my laziness increased and my enthusiasm decreased as well. I didn't know what made it as such and hardly anything motivated me to do otherwise.

It's been about 3.5 years since I stopped my competitive swimming. As incredible as it may sound, your body does not forget the feeling of the water brushing against your skin. If you've trained intensely or strenuously as I once had, your body would not forget. I still swim 50m freestyle in 32/33 seconds as I had 2 years back. See what I mean?
It's a lot better than never reaching that time or record if you've never trained. Swimming made me active and made me whole once before. I loved it as within the water, I held more confidence than many children my age when I started swimming as a toddler. I could swim without my parents aid in my second lap while I had lessons while others would keep clinging to their parents. I believe one learns with implicit hidden support but only if the support is there. I can't say it was the same with my piano. My parents never forced me to practise. I'm still shy, thus can't play in front of others. It hasn't done much help in improving my playing, that's for sure. Musical instruments make me realize exactly why I take individual playing sports.

Now, I play badminton. Ever since quitting competitively in swimming, my heart, body and mind has turned to badminton. I love it and I don't care what anyone else says. My green racket is my friend. No, I did not name it 'Jade'. Gosh, what a cheesy name. However, my planted feet made me unable to sort of go all out with it. I'm working on that. Even so, only up to a week ago, my fitness has been in the dumps. The build up of fat along my triceps and biceps was incredible. I would feel no toughness in the muscle at all. Almost as though all the muscle I build up from swimming all those years back incredibly converted to fats. No surprise there. I haven't been doing anything productively. Seriously. Manga might motivate you in one sense but it's ability to distract an otaku is sky high. Not that I'm saying I'm an Otaku... ok, I probably am one but I have a life.

However, since working out starting a week ago, that being Saturday where I begun to go to the Gym for the first time in my life, my fitness has been building up. I would play badminton for atleast 1.5 hours, gym for another 1.5-2 hours and then swim for 0.5 hours. I think this would definitely keep us my fitness and since doing so, I feel the muscle in my calf muscles returning and my bicep and tricep muscles returning. I can't say a thing about my abdomen since I'd try to avoid that part as much as possible since it's the most tiring to train. :3 I guess I haven't learnt. Nevertheless since starting to work out with all the fascinating gym equipment, mentally concentrating more in trying to improve my badminton, I somehow always feel like playing. Daily. o__o Maybe it's because my most recent mangas have been Sport mangas like Kuroko no Basuke and Area no Kishi. I don't think so though. This leads me to the exact reason to why I'm writing this blogpost. I have to let my enthusiasm out somewhere. Maybe I should rant in a video. Or maybe not. Anyhow, it's 10:20am on the 14th of January 2012, Saturday and because of my brother clubbing last night and not waking up in time, I cannot go play sports. :( This is making me upset since the rest of the day is going to be filled with going to the Dentist and Hairdresser. Bummer!


Comments

Popular Posts