Romeo x Juliet



Grace a onemanga.com for having replaced my interest from the under-maintainence mangafox throughout the day.

Also little thanks to facebook-ing which I still consider, absolutely dull and utterly boring. Rather than studying for my upcoming Chemistry test on Chapter 5, 13 and 14 of my textbook, I decided to take ANOTHER slackers day off by indulging myself in reading manga; unlike the hardworking me who, yesterday had helped my dad iron clothing, did 3x20 frog jumps and had gone to the pool for an hour from 5-6pm (Leb. time).


And upon surfing onemanga for a manga that began with an "R"(out of feeling), I came across the famous, "Romeo x Juliet."


Wondering what the author could have done to the plotline to have attracted reader's attention, I decided to read the information on it and upon seeing the art, became quite captivated. Of course, with many thanks to William Shakespear of course; as well as Mr. Boke from last year's English classes, I have become fairly familiar with the story of the Capulets and Montague. However, this manga 'Romeo x Juliet' brought along a new twist to the original story.


Having begun with a twist in a tale by having Montague (Clearly the father of our beloved Romeo), ordering the slaying of the entire Capulet household; alas, with only the fair daughter, Juliet as the last heir to the Capulet throne and lone survivor. 14 years into the future, both Romeo and Juliet are both of the age of 16 meet for the first time after, Juliet a.k.a. Crimson Whirlwind, saves a townsgirl from impending death. Having been chased by Montague guards who had been about to carry out the execution, 'Crimson Whirlwind' is saved by none other than Romeo...

P.S. I had no clue what those giant eagle-dragon looking things were. o_O All I know is that it could have easily been a phoenix, eyre or something...

Crimson Whirlwind also is similar to the epic Zoro! xD Go Antonio Bandares and Catherine Zeta-Jones! :P


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, once mangafox was back on and working, after I was told by Quill that beta.mangafox.com could be used as well, I decided to seek opinions or discussions in the forum about this interesting 9 Chaptered manga as well.

And... dum,dum,dum, there's an animation!

^^ I've just begun watching the 1st part of the 1st episode right now. I have a long way to go since it's 24 episodes altogether. I decided to check it out since most most opinions on mangafox state that the anime is much better than the manga.

However, so far, all I can say is the art is mediocre in comparism to that of the manga.

Well, I can't judge, seeing that neither mangafox or onemanga could identify the actual manga artist of the original, so I suppose numerous animators and other manga artists had to try their luck re-sketching the original characters. Can't you tell? ;D


That's it for now folks!
Evelyn Wong~OceanLover~SwiftSea~OceanWanderer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
An outstanding shаre! I haѵe just fоrwаrded
thіs onto a сo-ωorκeг ωhо was
cоnduсting a little homewoгk on thіs.
And hе in fact ordered me lunсh duе to
the fact that I found іt for him... lol.

So allow me tо reword this.... Thanks for the meal!
! But yeah, thanks for spеnding tіme to talk about this topіс here on your ωebsite.



my website - hcg side effects

Popular Posts