Exam invigilators

Ever had an invigilator ask you to remove your glasses and look up at their faces in the middle of the exam just to cross-check your face with your identification card?

Well, that's what happens at Monash Caulfield Racecourse for Monash's Property A examinations in what I hope is a one-off incident.

Invigilators need to take more care in not disturbing the concentration of the students during the exams; and I must say that this incident peeved me in particular as it temporarily made me lose my trail of thought as I was about to write an answer to a question. Our time in the exam is limited and given that none of you can give us the leeway of finishing up our sentences anymore, you should have the decency of not distracting us.

And occassionally, invigilators even try to talk to you. Yesterday's Strategic Issues Marketing Exam had me with an invigilator who commented to me mid-exams, "You're all prepared. Even with a stapler, huh?"

I would have liked to say, "Do your job quietly," but alas, I'm too nice.

So if somehow university administrators ever come across this post, I do advise to hire quiet, non-old and eyesight-weary invigilators during exams. They are not appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts