I am back

It has been more than half a year since I last posted in this blog, despite not having a physical diary anymore for this year. What I find the saddest thing is that as an eighteen year old, I won't have a diary that records many of my moments and plentiful experiences in this year. I had always thought whilst I was younger that the particular year I would record things would be when I was eighteen, just because it is usually noted as the official age of transition into an 'adult'. What I would list as the most momentous changes are:

  • First year as a Law student in Monash University 
  • President of Jane Goodall Roots and Shoots Monash
  • Treasurer of Monash University Malaysian Students' Union (MUMSU) 
  • Junior Executive of MASCA Victoria Deputy Chairpersons' Department 
  • 5th year living in Australia
Although most of these are positions, I believe that they have taken up most of my mental energy in this year. Instead, of reserving time for myself to focus on my own individual identity and development, most of my time and focus has been spent on the rest of that. 

It is a sad and revealing thing at the same time. 

Thus, without a diary, I will be missing out on many unique memories in the future; as I may forget most of this. 

I listened to this interesting song tonight. 

Comments

Popular Posts