Do you understand the feeling of loneliness?


Do you understand the feeling of loneliness?

There are many people in your lives who claim to understand the feeling of loneliness, but do they?
There are friends you hold loyal to, but are they loyal to you?
There are people who claim to understand your feelings, but is that merely a way for them to get you to stop talking about yourself when you truly need someone to confide into?

These are few of the thoughts I have floating around in my head, more often than I would like.
I do not think it is anything lacking in my part but suppose it is. I think too much.

How can we truly know what people are thinking and the depth of thoughts, especially if one is inarticulate or is incapable of comprehending what he/she is feeling.

I have spent many moments alone, whether it be walking around the gardens or sitting in my room staring at my ceiling, thinking. Thinking if how the world is different and how our lives may be seen from an entirely different perspective if we were not who we are.

How are we defined as individuals? And is studying behaviour a mean of subliminally getting us to think in the same way? Is that what education is? Is that what I am learning at university as part of my 'tertiary level' education?

I do not understand this feeling of trust. Atleast, I do not think I do.
Or maybe I am just lonely because my closest friends from high school who understand me the best (besides family) are so far away from me. :(
I miss you guys.
Yvonne Kwong, Emily Tsoi, Elin Tham, Yuen Mei Wan, Nicole Tham.

It was with them at Boarding School that I experienced a time without worry or regrets of what was to come. Every adventure we had, whether it be on school camps or heading to Melbourne Central or Chadstone for movies, was so much fun for me.



Comments

Popular Posts