Ranting before the departure of 2012

Hey everyone! It's been a while since the last time I made the post and I certainly see that I haven't made the 200 post quota I set for myself every year. This year has been an incredibly busy year for me, and any senior school student can account for the same thing. However, now as we reach the impending 2013, which is no surprise for that matter, I can officially count myself as an International Baccalaureate (I.B.) Diploma Survivor & Graduate. Please remember the survivor bit. It's particularly important.

However, even in this busy year filled with ludicrously mind-boggling internal assessments (IAs), particularly with Math & Biology, orals and examinations. I never want to do that again - EVER. There's only 6 more days until I.B. results are released on January 4th, 2013. I honestly don't know what to feel. I'm nervous yet excited at the same time. It's a dream of mine to even reach 40. I'll make sure I update this blog page once I get my results -- that is, if I ever want to mention my score out to anyone. Regardless, my family will find out. Sigh. I'm afraid but I can't make it an obstacle. Our greatest competitor is ourselves.

What I'm particularly focused on at the moment is writing. What in the world can I write?
As a matter of fact, this blog post is the first long self-written article I've done in the world. It feels like months (and it actually has been) since I've written an essay of any sort. My diary of my trip to Hong Kong totally does not count. Even if it did consume 1+ travel journals for a mere 10 day trip and atleast 14GB of my computer and hard drive's memory space. Yes, I'm a hoarder and meticulous traveller. It almost takes me twice the duration of my trip to painstakingly write, gather and compile all my memories and tokens/mementos from the trips into order. Ultimately, if I give up early, it still all goes into it's own plastic bags. Occasionally, I don't even know where my written pieces go too. o____o They probably have been effectively recycled or harvested at a distant plant.

So what I'm experiencing now is what I suspect to be a writing bloc. Although I have no initial profound writing experience to speak of, some part of me still believes I'm a 'writer'. D: Sigh. I'm a failure at how I haven't even managed to complete a single 'realized piece'.

On occasion, I hear my characters, especially Brian, Charmaine, Coral talking to me in my head. o_O They eagerly insist I begin writing their tales but even to me, their complete stories are still riddles. I only have a relatively weak base.

Note that I'm still amazed at how fast my generation (Y) type using a keyboard. What happened to the good ol' days of typewriters? :)




Comments

Popular Posts