Meetings

We meet plenty of people in our life.

Some we wish we never met.
Some we wish we could meet again.
Some we wish we got to meet earlier on.
Some we wish would always remain in our lives.

In truth, when we meet a person, we develop a view of them; and over time, although we come to believe a certain bond has developed with them through the hours spent and moments felt, it could all be false. A person who doesn't straightforwardly voice their opinions, is someone to be feared.
Even if one party could believe their the 'best' of 'true-est' of friends, the other mightn't think so; even if they did play the part.

I would be absolutely honest here.
I laugh and act like a total idiot not because I am one but to prevent anyone to have a fixed opinion on me.

Translation: I don't trust people and doubt I ever fully will.

Love,
EW~OL

Excerpt from the 'Hymn' by Edgar Allan Poe.
..
Darkly my Present and my Past,
Let my future radiant shine
With sweet hopes of thee and thine!

1885.

Comments

Popular Posts