The Outlook Camp has given me

I shall write this before and so I do not forget.
A memory of words written to myself that I shall pray to prevent its loss to forgetfulness of the tides of memory.

I came back from camp, excited, happy and renewed after experience something so thrilling and brand new.
I experienced the home of places unlike my own where other creatures inhabit and love it as their own.

I found Year 10 Camp at Merricks a truly worthwhile experience.
Being able to learn how to Scuba dive is such an amazing feeling. The greatest thing was that I got to do it with others who were enjoying the experience as much as I did I suppose. Maddy (Madeleine Moore) is an amazing diver. I admired her love and thrill for the dive; where in which she joined our beginner Scuba camp solely to be able to join both her parents who are licensed Scuba divers as well. She was my buddy throughout my dives, and a remarkable person to watch under the water.
She'd be a good solo diver.

Scuba has led me to see that the first thing to living a great life is taking the initiative yourself.
Opportunities and new experiences are always waiting beyond your doorstep if you just took the chance to peek outside even if for just a short while. Don't be lead astray by solely the people surrounding you.
What you enjoy doing isn't another persons.

Follow your own perspective
and do things your own way although don't be too reluctant to try new or recommended methods.
Anyhow, my perspective is that I pray to do good in daily life.

Aloneby Edgar Allan Poe:

From childhood's hour I have not been
        As others were; I have not seen
        As others saw; I could not bring
        My passions from a common spring.
        From the same source I have not taken
        My sorrow; I could not awaken
        My heart to joy at the same tone;
        And all I loved, I loved alone.
        Then- in my childhood, in the dawn
I hate the idea of materialistic desires and how many for example can only seek these materialistic forms of happiness. When a person says everyone has creativity. This is not true as many who deem themselves 'creative' hardly see beyond the scope of what lies within their hands and the need of exploiting off the generosity of others. 
People like this deserve no sympathy. No faith. No hope. 
Some hold desires, capabilities and talent but take no initiative. 
But I suppose they might be but at a very unfavorable rate in my opinion. 
I am surrounded by plenty of these people. 
Unsatisfied with what they already have yet when questioned would state, "I'm not." 
However, they do not see. 
Even when dawned upon with the realities of how their words would affect others, they neither care or blink an eye; as long as it doesn't affect them. 
Men are selfish creatures.  
Human history is the sad result of each one looking out for himself.  Julio Cortazar
The human being who lives only for himself finally reaps nothing but unhappiness. Selfishness corrodes. Unselfishness ennobles, satisfies. Don't put off the joy derivable from doing helpful, kindly things for others.  B. C. Forbes
Love, Evelyn Wong~Ocean Lover -newly licensed recreational scuba diver -avid reader and fan of Jennifer Fallon -lover of poems and movies such as Dead Poets' Society -Edgar Allan Poe and Henry David Thoreau

Comments

Popular Posts