Cat

I just saw a cat, lying outside in the garden veranda. Resting its tired back and body against the warm heated surface of wood. The wood used to built the uplifted sitting area, where one would mostly spend the time, warming themselves with either a hot cup of coffee or tea while reading a good book or a magazine. A serene environment during the afternoon where one can rest their tired heads or eyes. That cat I saw, beautiful it was. This was one of the rare moments, I actually took the time to see something so stunning. Its heavy hazel eyes, closing shut with its body laid on its right side for comfort. What a tired day it must have had.
I watched it close with the only thing dividing us being a glass sliding door that led into the garden. Truthfully, the only time I spend in the garden is to water the plants. For some reason, I never take a step outside; no matter how much my spirit wants me too. I look outside, wondering and knowing that the outside world is where one sees the true gifts of life but when would I exactly take that step to venture further?

Comments

Popular Posts